Friday 9 December 2011


In researching the typical codes and conventions of a thriller title sequence, I decided to look at some of the most well known thrillers. The title sequence to sixth sense I found particularly interesting and have even developed some great ideas from. I like the idea of this title sequence being very simple with the music being the main point of tension, however I don't think our title sequence would be quite as simple as this. I was very open to the idea of using music similar to this, I didn't want anything too heavy because our film is all about enigma's and this particular type of music is quite mysterious whilst still telling the audience it will be a tense film to watch.
My group was also very interested in the idea of blacking out part of the shots like they have done in this title sequence, it seems to fit not only our idea well but also the codes and conventions to a thriller. Thrillers usually encourage the audience to think very carefully about the film and engage their minds with a film more than they usually would, by blacking out part of the shot our title sequence would do just that and it would set up yet another enigma. What is blacked out? Is there something that is being purposely hidden from us? 
All in all using the sixth sense as part of my research was very useful and helped me to come up with some good ideas and suggestions to take to the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment